MIPER graduates are well-rounded professionals
MIPER graduates present employers with an exceptional opportunity to hire professionals who deeply understand international and global contexts. Our graduates are equipped with analytical decision-making skills that provide an understanding of the interaction between governments and their economies, especially in terms of its effect on natural resources development, government behavior, corporate policy, and country political risks.
MIPER graduates uniquely offer employers:
- Familiarity with methods of risk analysis and mitigation in national and international settings
- Knowledge of security-related issues
- Knowledge of broad geopolitical issues;
- Ability to operate effectively in multi-cultural and international environments
- Problem solving and bskills
- Understanding of natural resources in political, economic, and social contexts
- Knowledge of issues related to corporate governance and corporate social responsibility
- Analytic skills to assess and propose solutions to complex problems in the global political economy
Careers, Positions, and Internships Held by Current and Former MIPER Students:
Savannah Fitzwater (Gradyated Spring 2015):
She is a general engineer at the National Nuclear Security Administration.
Taylor Lane (Current Miper Student):
She won a summer research award with the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators for Summer 2015. She was in competition with law students across the country. Taylor will be working on her thesis research, in collaboration with Prof. Linda Battalora in the Petroleum Engineering Dept.
Samual Trippe (Current Miper Student):
He has been awarded a Summer internship (2015) with the Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies, based in Tokyo.
Celine Grass (Graduated Fall 2014):
She is a Corporate Responibility Partitioner for Kinross Gold Mining in Toronto starting in Spring 2015
Luis Camacho-Beas (Graduated Spring 2014):
He has a position as Senior Researcher in the Asia Pacific Energy Research Center (APERC) in Tokyo.
Luis and Samual Trippe enjoying Korean food in Tokyo.
Margaret Albert (Graduated Spring 2013):
Budget analyst at the Office of State Planning and Budgeting.
Joseph Carr (Graduated Spring 2013):
Associate at J. William Artist & Associates working in government relations.
Felicia Lambe (Graduated Spring 2013):
Research Attorney at Hawaii Legislature.
Cameron Nazminia (Graduated Spring 2013):
Policy advisor to Governor Matt Mead.
Abraham Tidwell (Graduated Spring 2013):
Ph.D. Student at Arizona State University
Nathan Reich (Graduated Fall 2012):
Oil and Gas Analyst at Global Data in NYC
MIPER graduates are also working for:
- American Chamber of Commerce, Indonesia
- Black and Veatch
- China’s petroleum industry
- Compassion by the Book
- Dot Hill Systems
- Electricity Utility Consultants, Inc. (EUCI)
- Gold Fields Exploration
- International Peril Mitigation Services
- Korea Mine Reclamation Corporation, South Korea
- Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin
- Marston/Golder Mining Consultants
- Ramsay International & Behre Dolbear Environmental Services
- RMB Resources
- Sanjel USA, Inc.
- Shell International Exploration & Production
- The United States Army
- VEI Global Business Development
- Wm T Welch Company
- Wood McKenzie
- And many others . . . Other MIPER graduates have gone on to PhD programs in China and the U.S.
Visit devex for job opportunities in international development and business.