(Not Currently Accepting Applications)
campus_summer.jpgVisit one of the following websites for details on admission to the graduate programs at the Colorado School of Mines:
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• International Students
- See Admission Requirements below.
- Submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Studies. Once application files are complete, they are forwarded to the MIPER Program Director.
- Review the Academic Calendar
Text only version.
Admission Requirements: THE GRADUATE PROGRAM IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
campus_winter.jpgA BS or BA with a cumulative grade point average at or above 3.0 (4.0 scale) is required.
- Mines undergraduate students who do not meet the overall GPA of 3.0 may apply under the following circumstances: it they are pursuing the undergraduate IPE Minor or STEP Minor, or have taken three or more IPE/STEP courses earning a minimum of a 3.0 average in those courses.
- The GRE is required for recent graduates and waived for applicants with 7 or more years of professional experience after earning their undergraduate degrees.
- A TOEFL score of 580 or higher is required for students whose native language is not English. Students who completed a university degree program in the U.S. or other English-speaking country in the last two years do not have to submit TOEFL scores. If the TOEFL test is not offered in your country, we will also accept the IELTS exam. Mines requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. Please note that TOEIC exam results cannot be used to satisfy this requirement.
Admission to all graduate programs is competitive, based on an evaluation of the applicant's GPA, GRE scores, three letters of reference, and a statement of goals. In the statement, applicants should elaborate on how they became interested in MIPER including what they bring to the program and how the program will help them acheive their career goals.